Chapter H Directors: Bruce & Tina Gebhard
Home phone: 608-635-3809 (evenings)
Tina Cell 6058-516-4320
Bruce cell: 608-516-5520
Assistant Directors: John & Denise Scott 608-243-9332
Chapter Website: www.gwrra-wih.org
Facebook page: GWRRA WI Chapter “H” and friends (Madison)
Social Location/Date: Sunday June 13th 10:00 AM Monona Gardens Family Restaurant, 6501 Bridge Rd Monona, WI
ACTIVITIES FOR THIS MONTH:Friday lunch bunch – 11:00. Watch your email, check the website, or chapter H Facebook page for the location. Contact Marcella Newell for more information. (608)354-2767UPCOMING EVENTS:
Happy Father’s Day!
The 2021 riding season “Tour Sheets” are available on the district website at; https://www.gwrra-wi.org/tour-sheet.html Get as many signatures as you can and turn it in at the end of the year for a chance to win $100. It’s also a great way to get out and meet some new folks or visit friends that you haven’t seen in a while!
Sat, June 5 10am – 6pm Chapter M fundraiser, Festival Foods, 1001 Main Ave, De Pere, WI. Bruce is planning to go, so watch your email for ride information.
June 18th & 19th is the Wisconsin “Wild West Wings” rally in Wisconsin Rapids. The district team has a lot of fun rides, games and activities planned. It’s shaping up to be a real boot stompin’ good time! The rally is FREE this year! Flyers are available at:
Please RSVP using the registration form so that they have an idea how many will be attending, as well as signing the release portion.
Wing Ding 42 is happening this year in Springfield MO. It runs from Tuesday June 29th thru Saturday July 3rd. We really hope you can join us for a great time there! We would also really appreciate your support on Tuesday afternoon at 1:00 pm during the award ceremony, when Tina and I will be introduced as the Northwest Territory International Couple of the Year for 2020-2021. Note: If you’re interested, a group ride to and from Springfield is planned. For details and to sign up please contact John Scott @ firstname.lastname@example.org
From the Assistant Directors:
As briefly noted above I have a route planned to and from the Madison area to Springfield. The route down follows parts of the Mississippi River and the route back is on the interstate(s) that follow route 66. I will have to leave St Louis early to make a 4:30 appt in Madison though. If you’re interested, please let me know so I have some idea of headcount. You will be responsible for your own lodging for the overnight stays to and from Springfield in Hannibal MO on the way down and St Louis MO on the way back. We will be leaving on Sunday June 26th from the Madison area and leaving to return Sunday July 4th.
Chapter H rides- Wing Riding Wisconsin
What do Goldwings and Brats have in common?
Any GWRRA member will tell you we love to eat brats and we love to ride to brat fries. Chapter H has had a chance to meet both in the last few weeks. A brat fry and a ride to 3 Chapter events. Could there be anything better?
- On April 24th Chapter H traveled to Chapter Q’s brat fry in Wausau. We had 3 bikes and one car with 7 Chapter H members all wearing proper safety gear brave the rain and cold. We had fun enjoying the cranberry bogs and ginseng fields as we traveled through several of our northern counties. Not the best of rides but good brats and fun with Chapter Q.
Thanks to Bruce Gebhard for leading us through many roads that my husband John Scott had never been on even though he had lived in Marathon and Portage Counties.
- Our return ride on April 24th we had 3 bikes and 1 car all wearing proper safety gear that enjoyed a more direct route home.
- On April 29th we had an evening ride. There were 4 bikes with 7 Chapter H members all wearing proper safety gear. We rode from Madison to Fort Atkinson, to Lake Mills, and Cottage Grove. We ended at Culvers on the East Side of Madison enjoying a little evening snack.
- On May 1 we had 4 bikes and 1 car with 9 Chapter H members all wearing proper safety gear travel to Chapter E brat fry in Randolph for our breakfast brat. True breakfast of champions is a brat and sauerkraut. Yum. From Randolph we traveled to Chapter C in Fond du Lac for our lunch brat.
- Our return ride on May 1st we had 3 bikes and 1 car (7 Chapter H members) all wearing proper safety gear. It was a great ride that included a trip around the east side of Lake Winnebago before heading back to Madison, Special thanks to John Scott for planning a ride also with many back roads including a windy trip through the Horicon Marsh.
Chapter E was wondering if I would rate the best brat and so did Chapter C. I did joke that my decision could be swayed with a free brat. Neither Chapter E or Chapter C took up my offer, so I have no opinion as to which brat was better.
I guess the decision was that there is no bad brat fry if sponsored by a GWRRA Chapter. Thank you to Chapters, Q, E and C for feeding us. We enjoyed the ride, the food and seeing other GWRRA members.
- May 14th while at Dust Off, Chapter H had 3 bikes and 1 car with 6 members all wearing proper safety gear enjoy a ride up and around Lake Winnebago. It was some fabulous back roads with nice curves and turns.
So grateful that 2021 is starting off better than 2020.
7th George Blum
*****If we do not have your Birthday or Anniversary listed, please let one of the Chapter staff members know so we can add it. ******